Friday, March 26, 2010

The Cowboys (1972)

An aging cattle herder must hire a group of greenhorn schoolboys for a dangerous cattle drive.  A kinder, gentler John Wayne, but no pushover.  Most excellently cast with the likes of Roscoe Lee Browne who just about upstages Wayne, and very early Robert Carradine.  Bruce Dern is again a sublimely miserable prick you love to hate.  Entertaining from start to finish.  I like to see John Wayne like this.

Quote:
"I'm thirty years older than you are. I had my back broke once, and my hip twice. And on my worst day I could beat the hell out of you."

Quickie Synopsis
Coming of Age
With Cattle
And Bandits

http://earlsmoviepicks.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks !!

divx movies said...

I want to say lot about this movie cause I really enjoyed it.I really like War scene with Aliens.Dialogue,story and action everything is perfect for the movie.Must watch movie.Don't miss it.

Post a Comment